Thursday, April 29, 2010

Film developing and scanning service

Scooter , Paris. Photograph by Tim IrvingDeveloped and scanned by Genie

Having lived in Spain for 8 years, I've had to develop the art of patience. Where I lived in Spain I had the option of driving to the nearest city and dropping my films off at a camera shop, then waiting up to 2 weeks to get them back or, do it myself. Now I'm back living in England and I'm spoiled by the fast service I get!

The postman just delivered a package of negatives and CD's that were developed and scanned by Genie Imaging in South London. This is the first time I've used Genie and I couldn't be more happy with the quality of the service which costs £7.90 to develop a C41 or E6 film and scan each negative. The scans are 18MB and using Kodak Ektar 100 in my 35mm cameras, I can have the scans printed to 20"x16" (£7.90 from my lab, using archival photo paper, not inkjet), and the quality is superb. I could probably go larger than 20"x16" but it hasn't been asked for yet.

I currently use 3 labs for different services (dev and scan, printing and mounting), I'd be interested to know if anyone out there uses a similar service - and are you equally pleased with it? I'm always on the look out!

1 comment:

  1. No, I don't have any photo lab services to share with you. I get all my photos from you! Love the scooter pic.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Google Plusone