Thursday, May 20, 2010

Christopher Orr Exhibition at Artsway

Christopher Orr, The Thin Air, 2009. Photograph: Artsway gallery

I do like small pieces of art. Daguerrotypes, contact prints, tiny objects and miniature paintings engage me and seem to invite me in for closer inspection.

Which brings me to Christopher Orr, who's work is romantic and can sometimes incorporate huge landscapes. Yet most of his paintings are no bigger than my hand. The works refer to Turner, and the French Rococo painter Fragonard. They appear to be dream like scenes painted loose and lush with skies of turquoise and gold, they're very much to my liking.

You can see these painting until June the 20th at Artsway Gallery, Hampshire.

1 comment:

  1. That IS beautiful color and layering and reminds me a bit of your photos taken with vintage lenses. Your colors are often in the turquoise family with just a ghost of gold that enriches.

    I'm intrigued by the size of the paintings! Would love to see the show but it's not in my universe.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Google Plusone