Monday, June 14, 2010

The Zoo

Birds eye. Photograph by Tim IrvingEye contact

What a wild weekend I've had. Yesterday I wore a beige safari suit and went to the zoo! The last time I went to a zoo I was 9 years old, I found it miserable then and it's still miserable.

However, you're here to be entertained so I've put up a few photos to convey the blandness of it all. I did seem to be in the minority at the zoo, there were plenty of visitors who found the sleeping animals exciting. I saw some serious photographers too. One couple wearing vests with lots of pockets and logos, carried 2 cameras each, all 4 cameras fitted with enormous white zoom lenses, wow.

As we all shuffled past the last cage I made eye contact with a very handsome bird, that's him above. We studied each other for a few minutes and I left the zoo feeling that the bird was more stimulated than I was.

Zebra. Photograph by Tim IrvingZebra

Tiger. Photograph by Tim IrvingTiger

Lions. Photograph by Tim IrvingLions

Sleeping lemurs. Photograph by Tim IrvingSmall sleeping animals

2 comments:

  1. Pics of the beige safari suit may have been interesting !, I would have paid money to see you in that. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, zoos can be disturbing. I haven't been in decades. But that bird is a handsome fellow.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Google Plusone