Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Google Art Project

You know I'm always grumbling about the crowds in art galleries. Well Google have obviously read my blog, they agree with me, and decided enough is enough. The image above is from my screen. It's the newly launched Google Art Project and it's very impressive. From the comfort of your own home, you can visit some of the greatest art galleries in world. So far 17 galleries are taking part, but new galleries are to be added.





Google Art Project isn't a new idea. The Lourve has been on line since the early 90's. I was personally involved with a project called the National Arts Guide back in 1994, where 600 galleries in the UK could display examples of their collection. But these early attempts to display art were crude, and the quality poor. Google Art Project is very polished indeed.

1 comment:

  1. This is wonderful news! I'll have to be very careful once I enter such a place. It could be a very long time before I surface again.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Google Plusone