Friday, February 25, 2011

The Wellcome Image Awards

Foreleg of a male diving beetle - Spike Walker
The 11th Wellcome Image Awards were announced last Wednesday, recognising the creators of the most informative, striking and technically excellent images among recent acquisitions to Wellcome Images. The winning images are on display in Wellcome Collection until 10 July 2011.

The fantastic image above by Spike Walker caught me out. When I first saw it I thought it was a detail from an impressionist painting.

2 comments:

  1. At first glance I thought it was something out of a color theory textbook. A double whammy - the eye and opposites on the color wheel. I can see the impressionist detail in it though. Van Gogh.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Google Plusone