Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Suze Rotolo

Suze Rotolo and the Dylan walking in Greenwich Village
I was saddened to hear of the passing of Suze Rotolo this week. I knew nothing about her life except she lived with Bob Dylan for 3 years at the beginning of his career. Dylan's self-invention was already in full spate, they had been living together for some time, but she didn't discover his real name – Robert Zimmerman – until he dropped his wallet and his draft card  fell out.

Apparently Suze was an artist of great vision, but the reason for her fame and for my humble tribute is the wonderful album cover above. One of my very favourite photographs. Good bye Suze.

3 comments:

  1. I didn't know much about Suze Rotolo, just that she lived with Dylan in the beginning of his career and that he wrote Don't Think Twice, It's All Right about their relationship, or the end of it. I do really like that photo, too. I see happiness on each face. And I love the blue vw van.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great album, great photograph and yes that is the look of love in suze's eyes, nice post Tim.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that is sad. She was a distinct part of recent popular history, and I'm always a bit shaken as the players from those times leave us. That album cover photo is an old friend to to many, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Google Plusone