Friday, January 6, 2012

Portrait

Tommy portrait - photograph by Tim Irving
Portrait of Tommy - Tim Irving
I had an interesting day in London yesterday to visit the National Portrait Gallery and see the Taylor Wessing portrait prize. I liked the exhibition so much I bought the catalogue. It was heartening to see so many photographs taken with film, including the winner Jooney Woodward, for her portrait, Harriet and Gentleman Jack.


Next to overcrowded galleries (there was no gallery rage yesterday), Art galleries can usually be relied upon to sell food I wouldn't normally eat. They also use tea pots that are designed to pour tea everywhere, exept the cup you're trying to pour it into. I was saved from the gallery food ordeal because within 100 yards of Trafalgar Square and the exhibition, I discovered a very good traditional cafe where I had a bacon and egg roll and a good cup of tea. Bliss.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Google Plusone